About 10 years ago, John Hooi the Tutor Doctor founder had a simple idea and a desire to make a difference. He wondered why parents had to adjust their family’s busy schedule and drive half way across town just to put their child in another classroom with more kids…when in fact it was the classroom experience that their child was struggling with in the first place. John wondered….
- What if a tutor could come directly to the child’s home to deliver tutoring services instead of fragmenting a family’s precious time together by forcing parents to act as “taxi drivers”?
- What if there was flexibility in the tutor’s schedule so that tutoring time slots could be scheduled to accommodate for a family’s busy schedule?
- What if a struggling child could get one to one attention instead of being limited to the “one-to-many” teaching models used by most extra-curricular learning centres?
- What if a tutor could develop a personalised programme by working with the child’s existing homework and school curriculum instead of loading more standard textbook work on an already overwhelmed child?
- What if average families could get access to top tutoring resources sometimes reserved only for wealthier families?
In 2003 the company turned to franchising as a way of expanding the company’s impact and meeting the vast market demand. Now with offices internationally, the Tutor Doctor vision is becoming a reality as the lives of students and their families are being positively impacted.
Tutor Doctor is now an international network of Franchised businesses, with over 400 territories, throughout America, Australia, Canada, the Caribbean, Middle East, UK and in Singapore (First in Asia). While each country may have its own educational differences and special requirements, the fundamental values of the company, established by its founders and shared by its people dispersed across the globe are the same. We are all committed to excellence in education.
Back to About us